Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Wisdom in Little Golden Books

Most of us are very familiar with Little Golden Books, the small cardboard books sold at grocery and variety stores.  Our parents read them to us when we were young. We, in turn, read them to our children. The short stories and colorful illustrations have become classics.  Who can forget The Poky Little Puppy, Chicken Little, and The Gingerbread Man?

A few months back I was introduced to a book that showed me  Little Golden Books aren't just for children, they contain messages for adults, too. In Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book the author takes illustrations from the little books and combines them with words of advice that are relevant to our busy lives today. It's a darling book, you will find yourself smiling as the pictures remind you of a favorite childhood book or character (I love the Poky Little Puppy!) It's very creative how the author combined the books' illustrations with  pertinent words on how we should live our lives. If you know of someone who needs a little encouragement or need just one more stocking stuffer, this is the book for you. It's even a great book to keep on your personal bookshelf for those times when you need a pick-me-up! I just love it!

 






No comments:

Post a Comment