Saturday, November 8, 2014

It's All About The Mouse...and Baby, Too!

My daughter-in-love was the guest of honor at a cute baby shower, Mickey Mouse style.  She is a huge Disney fan so the shower theme was very appropriate for her.
Once I knew the theme my mind went into overdrive thinking of Mickey Mouse baby things I could make.  First up was a bib in Mickey colors. I used a yellow terrycloth towel for the back of the bib, should be very durable for the little one.
On Etsy I found these "month" stickers.  I love the pictures that show a baby every month for the first year. What a special way to chronicle how fast they grow!
Finally, I made our little Jakey a quilt.  I am not much of a quilter so a rag quilt is about as good as it's going to get from me!  I love them, though, they are soft and durable.  My "Stitch 'n Bitch" friend, Linda, graciously did the machine embroidery of the Mickey Mouse silhouette and Jacob's name in the Disney-style font.  It made a simple quilt a little more special, I think!


My daughter-in-love was blessed to have three baby showers. I don't think there is anything major that they need to set up babykeeping, just the baby.  Another 5-6 weeks and he will be here! I know the time will fly by and we will soon be taking him to see Mickey Mouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment