Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Shrimp Scampi & Slacking

We have the 2013 tax deadline (for those on extension) looming on October 15 so my part-time hours have amped up some. I'm hosting a baby shower on October 18, lots of prep work involved.  I'm doing end-of-summer, beginning-of-fall gardening. I am busy, busy!  Dinners haven't been high on my priority list. Actually I don't mind cooking dinner, it's the grocery shopping I don't like finding time for! Too many nights we've gone out or eaten things like bacon and eggs. I've been feeling guilty about my dinner-slacking ways. This dish is easy and good.  I don't feel so guilty now!
This is an Ina Garten recipe (here). I deviated from the recipe by putting the shrimp in a baking dish and combining the butter and other ingredients, then topping the shrimp. I then baked in a 425 degree oven for 12 minutes.  Dinner was on the table in less than 30 minutes. There is plenty of buttery goodness to coat the pasta and the shrimp is cooked just right. We had a nice dinner and I had ample time in my craft room. Perfect evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment