Thursday, July 7, 2016

A Cherry (& Cheery!) Tablesetting

I like to set a nice table and to play with dishes. Perhaps I never outgrew that from when I was a child? It's a creative endeavor for me and I like making my guests feel special, that I went the extra mile for them. Doing so doesn't take too much effort, I'm already setting the table anyway, so I look for ways to make the table settings a little more festive.


My husband thinks I have a vast reserve of dishes somewhere because he will swear he's never seen a certain one before.  I have about four sets of complete dishes or china, the rest are mix 'n match pieces.  I like to buy solid-colored plates and then accent them with decorated and color-coordinated salad plates.  I buy them at garage sales, thrift shops, Pier 1, close-outs at Macy's. He teases me about my obsession but he also enables me.  Recently I saw these salad plates at Pottery Barn.  I sent him an e-mail link along with a big hint.  Low and behold, they showed up on my doorstep not long after!


On this night, I paired the plates with these red dishes I bought at Wal Mart.  They are from the Pioneer Woman's collection. They look so much more expensive than they actually were.  I love the raised detailing on the rim.
 
 
I made the table runner a few years ago, as well as the embroidered napkins. I originally made them for a cherry-themed luncheon I hosted.  I use the table runner a lot around the 4th of July as the colors are very patriotic.  The red silverware was purchased, on closeout, at Target.



This jar carrier sits on my dining table the majority of the time.  About every 10 days I head to the flower market and buy some fresh blooms. When I win the Lottery the florist is going to be added to my speed dial list, I love fresh flowers around the house!


Today I am linking up with Tablescape Thursday.  You will find a lot of inspiration there!


2 comments:

  1. There is just something about cherries that make me smile. Your tablespcape is wonderful, but I love the napkins best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cherry tablescape is absolutely adorable! I love the cherry plates and precious cherry napkins. Your bottle carrier centerpiece looks perfect. I too love to play with my dishes and never grew out of that phase from my childhood!!!

    ReplyDelete