Tuesday, September 1, 2015

E-Mails = Successful Shopping!

While in the Napa Valley in July we had dinner at The Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch.  If you have a chance to go there, you should.  The food and service were fantastic.  I was especially enamored with the décor and atmosphere, it had a farmhouse vibe to it both in and out of the restaurant. There was a small gift shop and wine tasting room, a wonderful vegetable garden that the chefs utilized in their daily menu.  But I fell in love with the bottle carriers they had on all the tables. I kept gushing about them.  Pretty soon my daughter-in-law was on her phone showing me similar items on Etsy and Ebay. I took a picture for reference and began looking around for one.  Each one I found just didn't thrill me like the ones at the restaurant.  So I e-mailed them.  I got a wonderful e-mail back from the manager with the source of where they got the carriers. I e-mailed the company and got contact information.  I had a conversation with the owner, the nicest Texan lady, (loved her southern drawl), and ordered my bottle carrier. How did I ever shop without the internet?
I filled my bottle carrier with large mason jars.  Today they have flowers in them.  I have visions of using candles for some occasions. This carrier can go outside, also, when the situation warrants.  It adds a little more farmhouse style to my urban farmhouse kitchen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment