Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Nutella Swirl Bundt Cake

I just recently began using Nutella, a chocolate-hazelnut spread. I'm definitely late to the party in using this product but better late than never is my motto! Decadent is probably not enough of a superlative to describe this tasty treat!
While browsing Pinterest for Nutella recipes I spied this bundt cake from My Catholic Kitchen. The cake has more of a pound cake texture, more dense than a regular cake.  It's not too sweet and the swirl of Nutella is just enough sweetness. I brought it to work and have enjoyed it with my afternoon Starbucks addiction (why do they tempt me by having a store across the street?) On a side note,  some of my clients have brought us treats this week.  Our office kitchen table is currently playing host to this bundt cake, a tin of shortbread and a container of homemade toffee.  The bananas on the table are turning brown as we enjoy the more sinful offerings. Yep, treadmill time tomorrow!

NUTELLA SWIRL BUNDT CAKE

1 1/3 cup softened butter
2 1/2 cups sugar
6 large eggs, room temperature
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup Nutella spread

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a bundt pan (I use baking spray).

Beat butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time, each time just until blended. Add vanilla.

Add flour alternately with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour.

Microwave Nutella for 30-40 seconds in a microwave until soft.  Pour half of the batter into the bottom of the greased bundt pan.  Add the Nutella as evenly as possible.  Pour the last of the batter into the pan.  Using a bamboo skewer,  gently swirl the Nutella.

Bake for 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.  Allow to cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment