Thursday, February 6, 2014

Decorating for Valentine's Day

Unlike some of the other holidays I don't get too carried away with decorating for Valentine's day. I'm usually relieved that the Christmas decorating is packed away and too lazy to grab out the boxes of Valentines decorations. Besides, we're not home much this time of year to enjoy the decorations. It is a very low-key holiday for us. 

I made this burlap banner for our stove mantel area. I stenciled the lettering on burlap rectangles. The tabs that hold the ribbon were made by folding over a portion of the burlap and securing with heart buttons. Took me no time to do!

I'll keep this heart wreath up through spring. As I do dishes I get a little reminder that in a few short months my roses will be blooming.
Candy and Valentine's day go hand-in-hand it seems.  I've added conversation hearts to our dining table hurricanes. The granddaughter's candy jar is filled with holiday M & M's. 

So, that's it for my decorating this year! All that is left to do is plan a nice dinner. We don't go out, it's too hectic.  No reservations needed here!

No comments:

Post a Comment