Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Teriyaki Salmon with Sriracha Cream Sauce

We love salmon and it's quite often in our meal rotation. I'm always on the lookout for new ways to serve salmon as I get very bored making things the same way. I've had this recipe earmarked for a while now, after tasting it I'm not sure why I waited so long to try it! 
This dinner dish is so quick to put together, it just needs to marinate 30 minutes or so, before roasting. I came home from work, threw the marinade together and tossed in the salmon. The sauce is easy to put together, too.  While the salmon was marinating, I made the sauce and did a few chores. I love when I can multi-task on a weeknight!

The sauce calls for 1 1/2 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk.  I think the next time I make this I will leave this out and add a little sugar instead.  I now have an opened container of the condensed milk that needs to be used! Not sure that is going to happen. To make it even healthier, I think a plain Greek yogurt would work in place of the mayonnaise. But, you have to add the Sriracha, it adds just the right punch!  The sauce is a little bit sweet, a little bit spicy.  If you like things real spicy just add more Sriracha.

Teriyaki Salmon with Sriracha Cream Sauce
(Adapted from www.damndelicious.net)

1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons honey
4 (5-ounce) salmon filets

1/2 cup mayonnaise
2-3 tablespoons Sriracha (to taste)
1 1/2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk

To make the Sriracha cream sauce, whisk together the mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons Sriracha and condensed milk in a small bowl; set aside.

In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; set aside.

In a small saucepan over medium heat, add soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic powder, honey and 1 cup water; bring to a simmer.  Add in the cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly, until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 2 minutes; let cool to room temperature.

In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine teriyaki marinade and salmon filets; marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight, turning the bag occasionally.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Lightly coat an 8x8-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.

Place salmon filets, along with the marinade, into the prepared baking dish and bake until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 minutes.

Serve salmon immediately with the Sriracha cream sauce.

I served the salmon over ginger rice and with a side of veggies.  I think most of the food groups were covered!  Have you seen The Pioneer Woman's new dish and cookware line? I bought a set of her red dishes.  My husband doesn't understand why I needed more dishes.  What's not to understand? I didn't have any red ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment