Thursday, May 1, 2014

Cookies For A May Day Birthday!

May Day is a traditional spring holiday in many cultures. In my family May Day has extra relevance as it is my step-daughter's birthday. To celebrate her special day, and the arrival of spring, I made some spring sugar cookies for her.  We delivered them to the school where she works as a speech therapist. Time sure flies, she wasn't even five years old when I started dating her dad.  Now she has little girls of her own. Happy birthday, Carly! I love you and am so thrilled to be a part of your life!








I find decorating sugar cookies to be a rather therapeutic endeavor.  It's like doing a paint-by-number project except that the "paint" tastes good!  It is a time-consuming and messy process, however. For someone who is a well-known clean freak having this kind of disarray in my kitchen causes me a little angst.  It took me an hour to clean up from this project but all is back in place once more!

1 comment:

  1. Your cookies are adorable. I bet Carly loved them, they make a person smile.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete