Sunday, January 8, 2017

Moscow Mule

Sometimes I am a little behind the latest trends, I must admit.  Such is the case with a Moscow Mule.  I've been hearing about this drink for months now (probably longer).  I've seen the cute copper mugs on display at stores. The main ingredient in a Moscow Mule is ginger beer. I always veered away from trying one because I can't drink beer.  Can't as in not only do I not like the taste, but it does not agree with me.  Ugh, the reaction I get! Well, come to find out, ginger beer isn't really a beer. Who knew?  It's a naturally sweetened and carbonated, non-alcoholic beverage.  It is produced by the natural fermentation of ginger, yeast and sugar. So, a few weeks back I tried one. Oh, yum! Now I know what all the hoopla has been about! It's a light drink, with a slight ginger flavor and lots of carbonation from the ginger beer.

I've been experimenting and have found a combination that my Hubbers and I like.  Of course, you know I had to get the copper mugs, too!



Moscow Mule

1 1/2 ounces vodka
1 ounce fresh lime juice
4 ounces (approximately) ginger beer
Lime wedge, for garnish

Add the vodka and lime juice to a chilled mug or glass.  Fill the mug with ice.  Add the ginger beer. Stir gently and garnish with lime wedge.

No comments:

Post a Comment