Sunday, March 27, 2016

Cross Stich Progress....Or, Lack Thereof!

I had such good intentions the start of this tax season to keep up with my cross stitching.  In late January I started on a marriage sampler and made pretty good progress.  My goal was to get some stitching in every few nights, for relaxation, if anything.  Well, life and other projects got in the way! I joined a quilt sew-along so have been (barely) keeping up with each week's new block.  I have had three eye surgeries since January, none planned. Days off for the procedures, doctor visits and recovery meant I got behind at work.  I've been working very long hours and weekends. So I haven't gotten as much done as I had hoped! I started on the second row in February and that's as far as it's gone!
I did manage to finish two projects that have been gathering dust in my to-do pile. They didn't need much done to finish them, I just got bored with working on them.  They are now ready to go to the framer.

This very bright piece will go in my craft room. I love the little bee and ladybug!

This hummingbird piece took me forever to finish.  There are 45 different color threads in this and I stitched it on a piece of high-count (think small stitches!) linen. I was continually changing thread colors so it felt like I was never making progress.  Finally done and it will go in our guest bathroom where my other hummingbird stitcheries reside.

Three more weeks of tax season to go!  I have so many projects waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment