Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Marriage Samplers

I've been married over 37 years now (wow, does time fly!) and over the years I've stitched a few marriage-themed pieces.  I had them interspersed throughout our home. I decided to put them all together on a display wall in our bedroom and I love how it turned out. Having similarly-themed items in one place seems to call attention to them more. It's also turned into a display of how my stitching has evolved over the years. My first piece was a stamped cross stitch pattern, then I graduated to doing counted cross stitch on Aida cloth.  Now most of my pieces are some sort of evenweave or linen. It continues to be a very relaxing hobby for me.


This is my first cross-stitched piece, a stamped piece.  I remember doing this right after we were married!

I love these "marriage rules"!


This one has special meaning for me, I finished it in the hospital while my Hubbers recovered from a stroke.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment