Sunday, September 17, 2017

"Ahoy, It's a Boy!" Baby Shower

My sister is about to become a first-time grandmother.  She has 3 step-grandchildren, whom she adores, but it's a totally different experience when your daughter is about to become a mom. We hosted a baby shower for my niece and her soon-to-be born son, Connor.  The baby nursery has been decorated in a nautical theme so we decided to do the same thing for the shower. We chose the traditional nautical colors of red, white and blue and got to planning.  We spent a few hours one Sunday afternoon browsing through Pinterest and found lots of inspiration.  We spent another few hours one Sunday working on a diaper wreath (in the shape of a lifesaver ring) and decorating beverage mason jars.  My sister shopped for this 'n that and raided the baby's nursery for props, as well as making the centerpieces.  I spent time in my craft room making a paper banner for the mantle and a cloth banner with the baby's name.  My Hubbers (bless his heart, he puts up with all my crazy ideas!) spent 3 nights helping me convert our dining room table into a sailboat.  It shouldn't have taken that long but it kept falling down from the ceiling! Lots of packing tape later, we got it to stay! Of course, I had to make sugar cookies, this time little sailor-boy onesies.  I ordered the cake from my favorite local decorator, she is amazing and the cake was, too! We hosted 24 at the shower and my niece is beyond blessed with all the gifts and diapers she received.  Now to wait for baby's due date to arrive so we can shower him with kisses instead of gifts!

This post is extra-heavy with pictures, there are so many cute elements to share. Besides the joy of throwing this shower for my niece, it was nice to spend the planning time with my sister.  We both lead busy lives, don't see each other like we used to.  It was wonderful to share this special time with her.  She is beyond excited about the upcoming arrival of baby Connor!



My granddaughter colored the wrapping paper and made the tag.  Inside were 3 flannel burp cloths that she helped me sew!

The cake was amazing!

Gift from my daughter.  The wagon converts to a walker, too.  It was filled with all sorts of goodies!

Quite the haul on the Connor sailboat!







My sister and I are both avid 49ers fans.  Her grandson must have a 49ers sleeper! I love these little swings, my grandchildren enjoyed theirs so much!

My go-to baby shower gift is a bathtub that I fill with diapers and all kinds of needed supplies.

A little display of the parents-to-be baby pictures!



We made the boat out of plastic tablecloths and painters' tape.  The Connor banner was made with fabric.  My niece will use it in the nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment