Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Fourth Quarter

“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” ― L.M. Montgomery

In the accounting world October marks the beginning of the year's fourth quarter. We spend a lot of time with our clients this time of year doing year-end planning and financial analysis. Another three months and it will be tax season (there are four seasons in my life...spring, summer, fall and tax season.) I have three months left of working part-time. Between now and the end of the year I have a baby shower to host, gingerbread houses to decorate, a Christmas tea to plan and host, along with all the holidays. The fourth quarter is going to fly by!
At home, October marks a change in our garden.  Gone are the roses, marigolds, all the summer flowers. In their place are pansies, cyclamens, primroses and the autumn-colored mums. And pumpkins.  We only have one, so far, but there will be more to come! I'm almost done with the fall gardening update work, have been spending a lot of time in the yard lately. October is such a wonderful month!

No comments:

Post a Comment