Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mother's Day Luncheon

I think this is the 6th year that I've hosted a luncheon for Mother's Day.  I always do it the Saturday before Mother's Day to eliminate conflicts with other family celebrations.  It seems to work out well this way. This year we had a full house, everyone was able to attend, from my Mom to my six-day-old great-nephew.

I tend to find a theme for my gatherings.  It helps me stay on track with decorating.  This year my theme revolved around doilies. I made banners sewing scraps of material onto paper doilies. I incorporated doilies in a Mom banner I made.  My dessert dishes and cake plate have a doily-style edge to them.  And, of course, I incorporated doilies that my Grandmas made.
My sister provided the lunch food.  We dined on chicken salad and egg salad sandwiches, pasta salad and fresh fruit.  Just enough to satisfy our hunger but left room for dessert, a yummy strawberry lemonade cake (decorated with a doily banner!)
I used lots of flowers on the tables. One can never have too many flowers!  Each adult was able to take a mason jar arrangement home. 
In addition, I made each adult a tote bag, stenciled with a doily and their initial.
For the kids' table I covered it in white paper and put crayons on the table.  This entertained them for a while but soon they were off to the bedroom to play, letting the women catch up with each other and enjoy some laughs. 
It was a wonderful time with the most important ladies in my life and our children. Happy Mother's Day!

I'm linking up to Inspire Me Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Yours Mothers Day luncheon looked amazing. You are AMAZINGiNG!!!!! I hope a good time was had by all.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete