Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

I love Thanksgiving!  It incorporates three of my favorite things, family, food and football.  It involves no shopping or gift giving.  It's a day to relax, spend time with family & friends and be thankful for all we have.  Even in bad times we have so much to be thankful for, I think it's important to reflect on all our blessings.
Our menu is set and I've been baking and cooking for a few days now. My back hurts, I will admit, but this holiday revolves around food and I love to bake and cook! On our menu will be:

Roasted turkey
Cornbread dressing
Herb & sausage dressing
Mashed potatoes and giblet gravy
Praline sweet potato souffle
Roasted brussel sprouts with balsamic glaze
Cranberry sauce (homemade and my Hubby's canned favorite!)
Yeast rolls (homemade by Mom)
Jello or fruit salad (made by my daughter)

Even though he's been in this family 32 years my Hubby still doesn't like my Mom's cornbread dressing. The Thanksgiving meal is definitely one that is traditional, what you grew up with is the food that you crave for this holiday.  So I will be making my Hubby his own dressing. He may say otherwise but I do tend to spoil him!

For dessert we are having mini pumpkin pies, mini Boston cream pies and caramel apples. All should appeal to the young and old who will be in attendance here. We aren't eating until 5 so that my son and daughter-in-love can make the three-hour drive home and also start the day at her parents' house. I'm excited that our three children and three granddaughters will all be in attendance tomorrow. I'm blessed that both my parents are healthy and will also grace our table.  There is nothing that makes this Mama happier than a table full of great food being served to my family.

My tables are set, flowers were delivered so I'm spending the day in the kitchen trying to do as much ahead to make tomorrow more relaxing.




 
 
From our home to yours, wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment