Monday, November 12, 2018

Christmas 2018 Gift Tags

I'm one of those that likes to enjoy each holiday as it comes, thus, I have not begun Christmas decorating.  I'm waiting to eat my turkey first! I'm getting antsy though, my daily browsing of Instagram feeds is so inspiring! Our tree will go up the day after Thanksgiving. However, that doesn't mean I'm not getting prepared for Christmas. I dislike shopping, especially when the stores are crowded, people are cranky, and I'm under a deadline.  I finished my Christmas shopping mid-October. This past weekend I began to get them wrapped.



Each year I make gift tags for our Christmas presents.  Once I've decided on a design or theme it's really mindless work cutting out the tags, stamping, embossing, and adding other decorations.  I usually do this while football is on in the background.  I love watching football and at least this way I'm being productive instead of just sitting on the couch!


A number of years ago a friend shared her gift wrapping trick with me, she only uses one paper each year. For about 20 years now I have been doing the same.  It makes wrapping so much easier.  I do like to get creative with the package decorating, though, using different types and colors of ribbons and embellishments.  This year we have a definite farmhouse/rustic theme with the wrapping.





I'm about 75% done with the wrapping.  As always, the hard part for me is finding boxes to fit the gifts! It is nice to have this chore off my to-do list, it gives me more time to really enjoy the holiday season, do more baking and spend time with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment