Monday, November 13, 2017

2017 Christmas Gift Tags

I've not started Christmas decorating yet.  I'm one of those who has to let the Thanksgiving turkey dinner settle a bit before I can tackle that chore!  However, I'm a pretty organized person and I'm almost done with Christmas shopping ( 2 more gifts to get!) I've also started on doing the gift wrapping.  In connection with that, I've completed the gift tags that will go on this year's packages.  They compliment the gift bags that I previously shared.




Yes, it would easier and more cost-effective to buy gift tags. I have an urge to create and design and this little project helps satisfy that urge. I make them in steps, doing a little at a time when I have a few spare moments. One of my favorite parts of the Christmas holidays is a decorated Christmas tree with pretty packages underneath its branches. My homemade gift tags add a little extra to my packages!

For this year's tags I used a few different shaped wreath stamps.  Using my Silhouette machine I cut out the tag shapes, one slightly larger than the other, and glued together.  I dabbed (is that a word?) red ink along the border of the white tag to add a little color and dimension. A little twine bow and all is done!



No comments:

Post a Comment