Thursday, August 14, 2014

Heading Into Fall

Fall is my second favorite season (in my life the seasons are spring, summer, fall and tax season!)  Pumpkins, colorful leaves, football games (Go Niners!) apples, the smell of cinnamon baked goods are a few of my favorite fall things. Life becomes a little slower in the fall, my Hubbers and I tend to nest more.
I'm not ready for summer to be over.  I love the warm days and nights, tending to my flower garden, watching the birds, swimming in the pool, grilling, fresh fruit and veggies.  But, much to my dismay, I see signs of fall each day.  The local schools are in session again, the days are getting shorter, football is back (this does not bother me!), the summer flowers are looking a little tired.

Just when I was feeling a little bummed that summer was waning, I get a batch of new magazines in the mail, all with fall themes. All three magazines are filled with decorating ideas, fall recipes, party ideas.  Now I'm envisioning caramel spice cake, pumpkin tartlets, cranberry coffee cake, tailgate parties, scrumptious soups, Halloween festivities, tea party ideas (yes, Mom, I'll make some lemon curd!)
I may go kicking and screaming into fall but once I get there I know I will be enjoying the fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment